Monday, December 23, 2013

The TRUE Christmas Gift

A man saw a world in turmoil. There was fighting and oppression. There was an overbearing government, full of greed and desire for power. There was a church that was more concerned about punishing those who broke its rules than about the heart of the person, the pain that he/she had endured. Love was seemingly forgotten. The man knew he had to do something!

He remembered a time when all was perfect in the world, when he walked with his friends and talked with them. He had a personal relationship with them. That had been so wonderful! He smiled as he remembered Adam calling out to him just to talk. Eve would show him the beautiful flowers and tell him how much she loved each one. "Oh, the good old days!" the man sighed, nostalgically. It had been so long ago! Over the years, there had been some who sought after him, who did everything they could to please him and to obey him, but they couldn't walk together through the garden. They couldn't just hang out together and have a conversation. Oh, how he longed for that relationship again!

He knew it was time, so he called his only son to come sit and talk. He told him that the time had come to put their plan into action. Jesus knew the plan; there was no need to tell him again. "Have you found the woman you want to do the job?" Jesus asked.

"I have," God replied. "Her name is Mary. She's a young, virgin woman. She is betrothed to a young man named Joseph. They have both lived clean, upright lives. They have both sought to please me and obey my commandments. Mary has asked me to use her however I need to. Last night, I sent Gabriel to tell her the plan. She agreed. Gabriel also told Joseph and he agreed, too. The plan is set. I love you so much, my dear son, but this has to be done."

"I know, Father. I love you, too." Jesus fought the tears that were forming in his eyes. He turned away from his father. "I love them, too!" God placed his hands on Jesus' shoulders.

"You've got this, Son! I'm so proud of you! Now, go show the human race how much We love them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment